Learn to turn difficult conversations at work into great conversations that lead to powerful results
What is a challenging or difficult conversation? Within the workplace we can face many types of crucial conversations:
- When conducting an evaluation or performance assessment;
- When you need to discuss inappropriate or disrespectful behaviour;
- When people disagree on the way forward;
- Upon the decision of departure of an employee;
- When you need to announce bad news;
- When you’re asked to comment on poor work from a colleague
Managers, Heads of department and team managers, as well as those with people management responsibilities who wish to improve their communication skills to be able to deal with difficult situations
Anyone wishing to improve their own communication skills and change the way they address each difficult conversation
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Be better prepared to manage challenging or stressful conversations and possible conflict
- Use specific skills adapted to each situation
- Express more easily what we find difficult to say
- Transform a difficult conversation into an opportunity to improve relations at work
- What is it that makes a conversation… difficult or crucial?
- Challenges of communication
Preparing for conversations
- Tips for difficult conversations
- Defining objective and structure
- Context and perception
- Real-life conversations
Let’s talk about it !
- Using the crucial conversations principles
- Tactful communication: the emotions
- Listening skills
This crucial conversations training will prepare you to have difficult conversations at work with better preparation, more confidence and better outcomes.
With new tools, it will be easy for you to turn difficult and crucial conversations at work into great conversations that lead to positive results.
This training demands hands-on participation and practice.
You’ll learn to work on real-life conversations by working through scenarios you bring to each session.